NOD-LB GOVERNANCE AND STAFFING
Five ministers of health presided successively NOD-Lb. They are: HE. Dr. Karam Karam (1999-2000), HE. Mr. Sleiman Frangieh (2000-2005), HE. Dr. Mohamad Khalifeh (2005-2011), HE. Me. Ali El Khalil (2011-2014), HE. Mr. Wael Abou Faour (2014-2016), HE. Mr. Ghassan Hasbani (2016-2019), HE. Dr. Jamil Jabak (2019-2020) and HE. Dr Hamad Hassan (2020-Present). The National Organization for Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation is a nonprofit organization governed by a Board designated by a ministerial decree (2009 ,65/1) and the general director of the MOH.
The executive board of NOD-Lb
- Dr. Mohamad Khalife: Ex minister of health, President of the board, General surgeon and liver transplant surgeon at AUBMC.
- Dr. Antoine Stephan: Vice-President of the board, Medical Director of NOD-Lb, Clinical Professor of Nephrology at LAU and Ex-President of the Middle East Society for Organ Transplantation (MESOT).
- Dr. Elias Warrak: Ophtalmologist, Owner of Advanced Eye Care hospital, Medical Director of the National Eye Bank- MOH.
- Dr. Joudy Bahous: Critical Care Physician and Pulmonologist, Head of the ICU at ST Georges Hospital – Ashrafieh (SGHUMC).
- Ms. Farida Younan: MSN and Registered Nurse, National Coordinator, Project Manager at NOD-Lb,Founder and actual President of the Middle East Transplant Coordinators Organization (METCO).
The regional coordinators committee that is composed of a total of 12 physician-coordinators
- Head: Dr. Georges Juvelekian (Regional Coordinator in Beirut).
- One critical care physician in each region: Metn, Kesrwan, Byblos, Bekaa, Chouf, North and South of Lebanon.
- Three regional coordinators in Beirut.
- One national pediatric coordinator.
NOD-Lb has now three full-time and seven part-time employees
a) Part time staff:
- Medical Director
- Public relations and fundraising personnel
- Local coordinator
- Social Media personnel
- IT personnel
b) Full time staff:
- National coordinator
- Administrative secretary
- Assistant local coordinator
140 health professionals aliated from 23 hospitals to NOD-Lb distributed as:
- 96 registered nurses specifically from ICU and ER department (part time dedicated to organ donation).
- 46 physicians (critical care physicians, anesthesiologists, neurologists and coroners).